02 September 2006

I'm Kinda a Big deal - as a cater-waiter!

Brooklyn Liz and I went to the Flushing Meadows in Queens to watch the second round of the US Open today. After and extensive and through bag check which consisted of gatekeepers sifting through Liz's daybag, we took our seats and watched Roger Federer play Tim Henmen.

I was pretty out of it all day so I parted ways with Liz on the train back and set back to take a nap at 17 [CORNELIA] with intention to meet back up with her around 4p for a trip to the MoMA. When I came up from the 7 train at 6th ave and 42nd, I was transfixed by the tents going up for NY Fashion week begining on the 6th and running through the 15th. I noticed a vmail and after listening found myself back on the train skipping the nap to meet up with Matthew, the cousin of a buddy from UofM and my frat, Peter. Matthew is an expert in skin care and wanted to give me some tips - more on that in a later post.

Well, after that meeting, I was dead set on getting back to take my nap, when I received another call from one of my promotional agents, Chantel (promotions are the events where clients want good looking people to usually stand around and, well, look good.), she had a client who wanted to see me for a gig next week. So instead of heading crosstown, I started down to Gramercy.

So, while walking to the building to meet with the client, I called Liz to let her know I would meet up with her after the audition, which was fine since she had just finished dinner by then (this would be the last time I talk to liz for the day, Sorry Liz, as you see, things got crazy). As I was hanging up with her, Vinnie from Premier was calling m because he misdated the information he sent me for a party he wanted me to work. So he wanted me to catch a train out to the party ASAP. I told him I had to go after the go-see and I would get to the train right after.

Well, I get there and after being ushered to the apartment, I am greeted by Peter Brown. Peter is a well established photographer who has shot many a supermodel, regularly has his work on the covers of rolling stone, v. fair and the like, and - well, you get the point. Unfortunately, he was looking for more of the A&F jock build (me four months ago) and less of the lean runway look (me now). Nonetheless, he talked to me for an extended time giving me tips on exercises and what I should do with my hair and such, and wants to stay in touch and help me develope my look more - which is an awesome resource to have. He even recognized me from model mayhem, which I guess shows more people are watching than I thought.

Meanwhile, I have my official site being developed my Kings & Kingdoms, a cool new design firm.

Keep checking www.warnerwashington.com for the debut of the official site - in the meantime, there is a temp site.
Let me know what you think, and don't be shy with the suggetions and comments!

I didn't make it to the Premier gig, I called and Andrea told me don't even bother coming. So, I was out two gigs. Sucks right?

Meanwhile, more and more caterers and people I know are calling and recommending me to each other. So, i'm making a name for myself as a cater-waiter. FUCK YEAH!

I also applied to be a flight attendant with jetblue airlines. more on that later.

No comments: