21 September 2006

a quarter the king i used to be and HALF THE KING I NEED


"Could you come in tomorrow for a trial run?" the soft, yet authoritative voice said over the phone."Great, seeya at five. I'm Sinead"

The phone call came abruptly. Interrupting a deep ponder as I sat on the khaki suede couch in Mark's apartment. To what did I just obligate myself? A bus boy? Sure I have done bussing - I just didn't consider it so. Working with Premier, the party staffing company, I didn't realized the skills I had amassed over the last couple months. Dan R. is the one who hooked me up with the job through his friend Jesse.

I took the job without hesitation. I met Axel and Reuben who schooled me on everything bussing and running food. Axel gave me a lowdown on the table layout and in no time i was passing food and cleaning tables. My excitement comes from the fact that this job has such a warm family like atmosphere. People genuinely enjoy each other and the days pass. Plus, I wan to learn how to bar tend. The Half King offers plenty of room for me to build to that position. I realize it's my second day, but I feel like I am going to like it there.

After work I checked my messages: one from Joseph De Acetis (JD) for lunch plans next week, the other Vinny from Premiere. It's always nice when I get calls from Vinny or Marc - I need the work to keep coming in. A new job, a new roommate, a new place in brooklyn, new modeling gigs to follow up on. After 4 hectic months, I feel like things may begin to settle.

The Half KING - cast of characters:
the oligarchs
Sinead - the GM aka where the buck stops
Adina
Amy

The Host(esses)
Sarah
Kendrick - the other black dude
Ebony - the newbie

Servers
Michelle - a spunking brit
Annaline - the cute punk rockker girl
Nick D. - hardcore band dude
Keith
Demora - formerly known as JamieLynn
Cat - the sweetheart
Laura
Shannon

Bussers/Runners
Reuben - The Runner
Axel - The Busser
Adam

The KitStaff
Greg - the Cheif
Pedro - first cheifs assitant
Reyes - the right hand to the cheifs assitant
Fernando - the delivery master

No comments: