07 September 2006

busy day [developing]

I exit 630 Fifth Avenue aka Rockefeller Center bluffly excusing people to either side of my path. haulted at w54th by easterly traffic, i took a moment to check my blackberry. 11:58am. The adrenaline rushing through my body was enough to suffuse my body in sweat, however not enough to allow me to ignore the acute pain emanating from my right heel begged me to stop. No go!. "I will not be late, I will not be late!" was my inner mantra as I negotiated stopping to adjust my sock, thinking it would at least spare the third layer of exposed flesh.
12:00pm. I dash through the doors that also access my former employer's offices to the doorman, hungrily signing in. After a short exchange, the doorman and I come to the agreement I am at the wrong entrance. FUCK! I rush around the block, through the myriad of teenage girls, there moms, grandmas,....and a couple guys salivating over the anf shirtless greeter. I survive the airport-strict security check to make it to the Playboy Magazine floor.
I was greeted by the receptionist that I have offerend names and received "hold please" for transfer so many times it pratically equated to a full conversation. 12:06pm. I took my seek in the main lobby and waited for Joseph to emerge. The new issue of Playboy Magazine jumped from the table and grabbed my attention reminiscent of grandma's cheek grab. I eyed it for a second. Contemplated interaction. Doooooit, dooooooit, dooooooooo--
"Hehey, Warner!!", Joseph's voice from the corridor adjacent to the receptionist booth. "Hoooowaareeyouu?!"
We walked around the corner and immediately sat down and surveyed NOBU's menu.
The conversation over sushi gravitated around career goals and aspirations with a occasional insert of background information.

[future installments to come]
the call from chantelle
peter brown, photographer
last minute change of plans, courtesy of Vinny

for now, i leave you with a quote:
"You don't talk with your mouth full. I'm impressed. You don't how many people - businessmen, my age - yap at me with a full mouth. It's shows your mother raised you well!"


. Joseph De Acetis, Fashion Director of Playboy Magazine, at lunch

No comments: